Massage Health Benefits
Most of us know that massage offers various benefits and feels good, however, we seldom have knowledge of its specific benefits.
Therapeutic massage treats the body holistically, enhancing physical, emotional and spiritual health. The key physical benefits include stimulating the blood supply to remove toxins, relieving pain by calming the peripheral nervous system and improving joint mobility by toning and relaxing muscles.
Emotional and spiritual benefits start with the simple power of touch. As a highly documented source of healing, hands-on techniques promote relaxation and stress relief. In stimulating the release of endorphins, therapeutic massage can help to improve moods, reduce anxiety and increase energy levels.
Energetic modalities, such as Shiatsu, work with your body’s meridians to restore balance in the energy system. In supporting your body’s own healing abilities, treatment works to release toxins, stimulate the hormonal system and address psychological functions.
Massage treatments must be considered a necessary part of your health.
Experts listed some of the potential benefits of massage therapy
- It extends and exercises the atrophied muscle or the weak and tight part of our muscles.
- It helps prepare athletes for their training or sports competition and assists recovery from muscle fatigue after strenuous activities.
- It improves the skin condition which is the largest organ of the body.
- It reduces stretch marks and scar tissue while helping to generate the tissues being damaged.
- It improves the circulatory system of the body while pumping nutrients and also oxygen into our vital organs and body tissues.
- Reduces surgical scars.
- Reduces involuntary tightening of muscles.
- Relaxes the overused muscles and soothes the injured part or damaged part of our body.
- It improves the pulmonary function in asthmatic persons.
- It helps infants to gain more weight.
- It decreases anxiety and stress.
- People who suffer from arthritis note fewer aches and pains in their joints.
- Lowers the water retention and cramping for individuals
Note: Some of the above claims are not supported by the latest massage therapy research